Trending

miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2007

Bruce Willis Knows How to Use the Internet(s)





In response to a discussion on movie site Ain't It Cool News about Die Hard 4's supposed PG-13 rating, Bruce Willis logged in and joined the chat under the name "Walter B." He went on to frankly address a bunch of topics, not the least of which was his experience making 'Armageddon.'

Here's an excerpt:

Bruce Willis: "I loved working with all the guys, the actor I mean. It was a great crew, but a screaming Director does not make for a pleasant set experience. But look, we were all big boys, and we got thru it. A little to MTV-camera cutty for my taste, but the shots of meteors crashing into the WTC was pretty prescient. Billy Bob was under-used for my taste. the spacesuits continually malfunctioned, and one nite, Ben Affleck was seen bashing the front glass on his helmet with a rock because he couldn't breathe. I am a fan and a friend of Liv Tyler, and thought she brought some fun to the movie. And it made a shitload of money for Disney. Jerry Bruckheimer is a great producer, and I would work with him again anytime. thanks bw"

Just as funny were the comments of the non-believers -- specifically a guy named "Moriarty" -- who couldn't buy into the fact that the star was posting on their board. Here's an exchange:

Moriarty: "... Walter B. is not Bruce Willis. Bruce and Harry are going to talk soon. Harry's got a little trip to take first, but when he's back, we'll get the Bruce Willis conversation started here on the site. Rest assured that if Bruce Willis wanted to join the Talkbacks, we'd authenticate him and give him a black box so you could be sure who you were talking to. I'm sorry if any of you feel duped. I didn't realize this was going on. So... that in mind... the Q&A with the real Bruce will still be happening... soon..."

Willis' response: "And Moriarty, sorry kid, but you I also find amusing. Hit me with your best test. BW"

Moriarty: "... okay. Call Harry and tell him you are posting in the talkbacks. That's it. The one and only test that matters. Short of that conversation happening... now... Walter B. is simply not Bruce Willis."

Moriarity again: "... This was not Bruce Willis. It really shouldn't even be a question, but in case you're still wondering... nope. Not him."

Finally, Willis makes his best attempt to settle things.

Willis: "I realized how we can solve this conundrum quite easliy. You all live in a digital world. someone must have a Mac with iChat camera ability. Send me your biggest doubter, who has iChat/video ability, and have them call ( i will give that person my iChat address, and they will see me talking to them. I doubt if there is a way to fake that. let's see.... thanks bw and what is a black box?"

And then it happened (see above image).

The conversation can be found here.

Thanks, Dan

No hay comentarios:

About

Popular Posts

Designed By Blogger Templates